Is There Mold Hiding In Your Attic?
Moisture causes mold, whether it’s in your attic or another area of your home. Moisture can leak in through damaged siding or roofing materials. It may also come from improperly sealed ventilation and pipes within the attic space. Whatever causes it, when moisture builds up in your attic space, it can cause the growth of mold and mildew. And because attics are seldom visited spaces, by the time you discover that you have a moisture problem, mold can take over the space. And that can become a danger to the health of the people living in your home. Get a free inspection for attic mold removal services.
Signs There Is Mold Growing in Your Attic
- Unexplained cold-like symptoms
- Musty smells coming from the attic
- Discoloration on attic floors and walls
Keep in mind that mold comes in a variety of colors. It could be green, yellow, brown, or even white. But the most serious mold is black. These toxic black spores can cause serious issues. If you spot black mold in your attic, you’ll want to get a free inspection for mold removal right away. And while some other types of molds are non-toxic, they still aren’t pleasant. Take care of the mold as well as the underlying issues quickly, because it could create bigger problems for your home later on.
Mold May Be Causing Health Issues in Your Home
If there is mold growing in your attic, residents may experience symptoms that are similar to hay fever, according to the EPA:
- Itching, red, and watery eyes
- Runny nose or congestion
- Rashes on the skin
- Difficulty breathing
The presence of mold can be especially harmful to those who suffer from asthma, as it could trigger an attack and worsen their symptoms.
If you suspect mold is causing your cold-like symptoms, the best thing to do is to request a free inspection from our professional mold remediation service. We will be able to pinpoint the location of the mold as well as identify the cause, then work with you to get rid of the mold for good.
Our Free Inspection Services Can Help You Uncover Hidden Mold
The most important thing to do when you suspect you have mold in your attic is to act fast. You’ll want to identify the source of the issue, clean up the existing mold, and prevent it from coming back again. Having a professional team like ours provide you with a free inspection is the first step to successful mold remediation.
Identifying the Source of Your Mold Problem
The most important part of mold remediation is understanding what’s causing the mold to grow in the first place. While the answer is always moisture of some kind, you’ll need to pinpoint where the moisture is entering the attic. There are many ways of doing this, including having a professional company provide you with a free attic mold inspection. Techniques for finding the source of the moisture include:
- Feeling around for damp spots. If you can safely get into the attic area, it may be easy to find the source of moisture by using your hands.
- Using a flashlight. A flashlight will help you spot mold in dark corners of the attic, but it can help you spot a leak, too. Look for bright flashes in the light beam. That could be water reflecting the light.
- Use the dark to your advantage. Get into the attic during the day and shut the door behind you. You should be able to spot any light leaks in either the attic floor or the roof. These light leaks are a good indication that there could be an air or moisture leak there, as well.
The safest way to identify a source of moisture is to have a professional do it for you. They’ll be able to quickly identify the issue, thanks to their experience and knowledge about mold growth.
Certified Attic Mold Removal Services
When you find mold, you need to get rid of it. Mold won’t just disappear on its own, even if you’ve addressed the moisture problem. You’ll need to have it removed. During your free inspection, your mold remediation specialist can advise you on the best ways to remove it. There are products that can help remove the mold if you want to take a DIY approach. If the mold problem is severe, though, you’ll want to pay for a professional to remove it so you can be sure it’s gone and your home is safe from the dangers of mold.
Preventing Mold From Coming Back
The final step is to make sure the mold won’t come back. The best way to do this is by addressing what caused the moisture issue in the first place. Then you’ll need to take additional steps for preventing mold growth from happening again. Common prevention includes:
- Installing moisture-resistant insulation in the attic. If your attic doesn’t already have this type of insulation, you’ll want to get it for your home. Not only will it mitigate the risk of mold growth, but it can help lower your energy bills by regulating the temperature of your attic.
- Installing attic ventilation systems. If moisture is an ongoing issue in your attic, then it may be necessary to install a ventilation system. This will help keep the attic dry.
- Sealing existing areas. Pipes, vents, fans, and lighting are all known to create air and moisture leak issues in attics if they aren’t properly sealed. An experienced team can help you find the source of those leaks and seal them correctly to ensure no moisture accumulates.
Contact Us For a Free Inspection For Attic Mold Removal Today
Discovering that you have mold in your attic is never pleasant. But it’s better than not knowing it’s there and continuing to grow. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how you can schedule a free inspection for mold in your home today. Partner with an experienced, knowledgable mold remediation team to protect your home from these dangers. Our free inspection is the first step to ensuring your home is safe and mold-free.